Or maybe these should be called Neapolitan Truffles? They do sort have that look.
I made these a few weeks ago, but they would’ve been perfect for Valentine’s Day.
The best part of these is that they are so ea-zz-y to do. Seriously. No baking. Barely any cooking. Just a little microwave action (or double boiler if you prefer).
If you have a food processor use it to combine the wafers and cream cheese.
Scoop into bite-seized balls.
Then, place them on parchment paper lined cookie sheet in the freezer for a few minutes to firm up.
Then dip in melted chocolate and enjoy!
- 1 (8oz) package strawberry wafers
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- White chocolate, for dipping
- Chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the strawberry wafers in a food processor, pulse until they are fine crumbs.
- Add the cream cheese and process until completely combined with the wafer crumbs (there should be no white streaks of cream cheese in it).
- Roll the mixture into bite-sized balls about 1 inch in size. If the mixture becomes to soft to roll, place in freezer for a few minutes.
- Place the balls on the lined cookie sheet in the freezer for about 10 - 15 minutes until firm.
- Melt white chocolate according to package instructions. If needed, add about a teaspoon of vegetable oil to thin it.
- Dip the chilled wafer balls in the chocolate, shaking off excess. Place back on the lined cookie sheet for the chocolate to firm up.
- Decorate with sprinkles. Allow the chocolate to harden completely before serving.