It’s sprained. At least, I think so.
Honestly, in the past week, each doctor that has looked at my x-rays has had a different answer. First, they didn’t know, then it was just badly sprained in one spot, then it was broken in two places, then they weren’t sure again, and now it’s severely sprained in two places (ankle and foot – Who would’ve thought you could sprain your foot? But leave it to me.) with the ligaments completely torn loose. If you can’t tell by reading all that, I’m a little unimpressed.
Anyways, now I have a lovely new accessory to wear.
But I have learned a few things in the past several days, and of course, being a blogger that automatically means I have to share them with you all. Of course. Here we go:
1) Crutches make for a really good workout. Seriously, it’s been years since I’ve used any, and I forgot how many other muscles you use with them.
2) Strangers are surprisingly talkative to people on crutches. I’ve had some very interesting conversations the last few days. Not as surprising, they’re also very helpful. Thank you Strangers for giving me a helping hand!!!
3) Walking boots make the perfect addition to any outfit. . . . Not.
4) They’re also surprisingly HOT! Especially if you’re stuck wearing one during an Alabama summer. I know, I know, it’s still spring technically, but let’s face it, it sure doesn’t feel like it here.
5) Sit in a packed to the brim waiting room for 3 hours waiting for an exam, and guess what? There’s a good chance you’re going to come down with whatever bug is going around at the time.
6) Being sick and injured is not pleasant, and between that and the pain pills, I’ve practically slept away the last couple of days, and am starting to feel a little like Sleeping Beauty.
7) It’s possible to sleep 20 out of 24 hours in a day and still feel sleepy.
8) Weimaraners and injured body parts do not belong in the same room together. Especially at night. When you’re trying to sleep. After the fourth time that Remy decided to plop down on my foot for a snooze, the weims moved to my mother’s room to sleep with her.
9) Black, blue, purple, green, red, and yellow all meshed together does not do anything for me. Below was taken two days ago after some of the bruising had faded (Look away now if you’re squeamish). Thankfully, I’m not quite so colorful now.
10) I have a vendetta against my right foot. Seriously. In the distant past, I’ve sprained it three times, broken it once, and broken a toe on that same foot. I’m a klutz, I get it. Which brings me to the next thing on my list.
11) According to the orthopedist I saw, I have severe degenerative arthritis in my right foot for a person my age. Yeah, I had kind of figured that out.
12) I’ve never loved modern technology and my DVR more.
13) It takes me twice as long to pack and ship a soap order. It really does. So, be forewarned, if you order soap from me any time in the very near future, it probably won’t ship out as quickly as it usually does. Sorry about that 🙁
14) I have an fantastic mother who has not only let Remy and Hunter sleep with her, but who has taken over all of my farm chores for the time being. Thank you Mom!!!
15) And last but not least. . . I also have some fantastic readers! Thank you so much for your well wishes!!!