I’m a meat and potatoes kind of girl, and one of my favorite ways to have that combination is a BBQ Baked Potato loaded with cheese and buttery goodness.
Now, my favorite version of this is topped with grilled chicken, my mom prefers Boston butt on hers, and Clint, well, he’ll take them any way he can get them.
Boneless, skinless chicken breast
Sour Cream (optional)
Butter or margarine (optional)
Cheddar Cheese, shredded
Barbecue Sauce, see recipe
1) Usually we season the chicken with a little salt and pepper, then grill it. Sometimes, though, I sear the chicken breast in a skillet on top of the stove, then bake it in the oven until done. When the chicken is done, chop it into small bite-sized pieces.
|Sour Cream and butter added.|
2) Take the baked potato and if you like butter and sour cream on yours prepare it like you normally would.
|Just out of the oven with the cheese just starting to melt.|
3) Top with shredded cheddar cheese. You can then put the baked potato back into the oven to help the cheese melt. Just when the cheese starts to melt, remove the potato.
4) Top with the chopped chicken.
|BBQ Bake Potato with Texas Toast. . . Yum!|
5) Lastly, drizzle BBQ sauce on top of that.