I made these muffins this morning for breakfast. They are so yummy, especially right out of the oven and slathered with melting butter. I did add strawberries to a few of them for some mixed berry muffins, and I think we all liked those the best.
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt (We switched to kosher salt years ago, so that’s what I use for all of our baked goods.)
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 c granulated sugar
1/3 c vegetable oil
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 c fresh or frozen blueberries (You can use any type of fruit that you want, but we wanted berries in ours.)
The streusel topping:
1/3 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c brown sugar
1/4 c butter, softened
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Grease (or spray it with cooking spray) the muffin pan or line it with cupcake liners. Tip: If you use the liners, give them each a little spritz of cooking spray and the muffins won’t stick as badly to the paper.
2) In a small bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set it aside.
|Creaming the oil, sugar, & egg.|
3) Cream together the vegetable oil, granulated sugar, and the egg.
|Adding the blueberries.|
6) Fold in the blueberries. Then, fill the muffin cups almost to the top.
|The streusel topping.|
7) Now for the streusel topping. Combine the flour, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon with a fork. It should resemble little crumbs. Sprinkle a spoonful on top of each muffin before baking.
|Just before going into the oven.|
8) Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. I put mine in before we went out to feed the animals this morning. It’s been raining for the past three days here, so it took me longer than usual to feed up. Some of my muffins ended up getting a little too done.
|Just out of the oven.|