Our favorite side dish to serve with Mexican Chicken is Mexican Corn and Rice. It’s ooey, gooey & good.
1 (5 oz ) pkg. Mahatma Saffron Yellow Rice
1 (7 oz) can of Green Giant Mexicorn
1 (10.5 oz) can of cream of mushroon
1 cup of Velveeta Shreds cheese
1/2 small onion, diced
1/2 small green bell pepper, diced
1) Cook the rice as directed on the package.
2) Saute the diced onion and bell pepper with butter until the onion starts to become translucent.
3) Drain and rinse the Mexicorn.
4) In a bowl, combine the rice, Mexicorn, cream of mushroom, onions, and bell peppers.
5) Pour the mixture into a small casserole dish, then top with the cheese.
6) Bake in a 350F preheated oven for about 30 minutes (give or take).